Wednesday 25 May 2016

Pepeha

Pepeha

What is Pepeha ? Pepeha is a way that Maori define them selves. Pepeha means in English were you are from.
Pepeha explains were your ancestors are from, you are from, your tribe is from, and your homeland.
You must be very respectful when listening to a Pepeha. Pepeha take place at powhiri or even if you are just introducing yourself. Pepeha is a way of telling people were your ancestors are from like, which river they grew up by, which mountain they are from and what ocean/beach they lived on.

Ko ________ te maunga
Ko ________ te awa
Ko ________ te waka
Ko ________ te iwi
Ko ________ te hapu
Ko ________ te rangitira
Ko ________ te marae
Ko ________ ahau

My mountain is __________
My river is __________
My boat/vessel is ________
My tribe/village is ________
My sub-tribe is _________
My chief is __________
My meeting place is ________



No comments:

Post a Comment